Monday, August 27, 2012

Snowboarding Season

Snowboarding season; a time of peace and calm, a time of rejoice and happiness, a time of face plants and broken limbs (hopefully the skiers). As the snow drifts into treacherous moguls, the fog gathers on my goggles, and the chair lift creeks and moans, I mentally prepare myself. "This is it, guys. First drop of the season," I say as the lift approaches its destination. "Nobody die this year." And the drop begins. The rush of the ground flying mere centimeters beneath your feet at 40 miles an hour is incredible; almost indescribable. Snowboarding is a hell of a drug.

4 comments:

  1. 40 miles an hour, uh oh. I can't even go 10 miles an hour on a long-boarding wihtout falling off. I'm in for a rough ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it count as a comment if we comment on other peopple comments?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would agree with it being indescribable for the couple of times ive been at those speeds, but i also ate the snow hard when i did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to hearing about how great snowboarding is and ways to not run into a tree while going downhill.

    ReplyDelete